Friday, September 1, 2017

Terror tactics - Night Lords Raptors

Continuing in my favorite mode for my Night Lords collection, these Raptors are a kitbash of a whole bunch of eras.


There are some parts from the second generation metal Raptors (my favorite style); from the current Raptors; some Horus Heresy assault troops; some regular Assault Marines; both FW and GW proper Night Lords conversion bits. If I had enough of them, I'd have probably gone with only the gargoyle style (ex: the bottom left pair), but I don't have that many of them, and intend to get at least a couple units, so decided to instead go with the wholly mixed look so the coherency comes from color scheme and not armor style.

I'm not 100% happy with the unit (I thought some of the highlights could be sharper), but I'm considering re-arming them for 8th edition, so I'm going to wait until seeing the results before any touch ups.

This was the first time I was actually happy about GW's newish 32mm bases, since it actually gave those top-heavy metal Raptors enough of a platform to not tip over if you stared too hard at them.

No comments:

Post a Comment